Monday, July 18, 2011

Cracked

The Picture of Dorian Gray got me thinking about a topic that's been on my mind lately. Are 'we' obsessed with looks? How much of our behaviour is based on how we feel about ourselves? Do you step out with your best face forward, or do you hide behind a mask? If one was given the 'gift' of eternal youth, at what age would you settle for? Twenty? Thirty? Younger? Imagine looking out, aged & wise, from behind beauty & smooth. Would you? Should you?

Recently I conducted an experiment by posting an altered image of myself on facebook. I was surprisingly less confident in my communications, yet I, in my usual form, am wrought with insecurities as it is. We fight constantly to accept ourselves. & it's a joke. If we can't do it, who the hell else is going to?

Something to think about before we go influencing our kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment